- Tote Bag with Pockets - Tutor Jenny Atkinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Tote Bag with Pockets - Tutor Jenny Atkinson||£50.00 (GBP)*||Sold Out|
* price includes taxes
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
Make this beautiful Tote bag with a zipped fastening, lovely roomy pockets and shoulder straps.
Dates and Times:
Saturday 19 October
Skill level: Machine sewing experience is required for this workshop.
There are lots of skills to learn on this one day workshop, working with Decovil to add form to your bag, adding a zip fastener and pockets. If you have a border fabric Jenny will show you placement details to line your design up. You will also make your own straps and box the bottom of your bag make it super roomy.
You will need;
- Fabric and bag components:
- Main bag fabric: cotton 60cm
- Lining fabric: cotton 50cm
- Front pocket panel fabric: 30cms (If using a border print you may want to get more for design placement. The pattern piece has a width of 40cms so you may want to get 50/60 cms depending on the design.)
- Interfacing for pockets: 30cm
- Straps: 2.5 metres of 25/30mm webbing (Available for purchase at Creative Threads)
- Zip – 16″ open ended
- The bag pattern and Decovil interfacing will be available to purchase on the day from Jenny.
- Basic sewing kit (including scissors, pins, needles etc)
- Sewing machine
- Lovely tea, coffee and cake
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.