- A Tiny Stitched Garden - Tutor, Janet Browne
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
SPECIAL BOOKING INFORMATION: Due to Covid19 we are not currently taking payment for workshops. If you would like to attend this workshop please register your interest by ‘purchasing’ a Reservation Ticket – this means that not only will a place will be reserved for you but we will also have your contact details should the workshop need to be rearranged at a later date. Please note no payment will be taken when you ‘purchase’ a Reservation Ticket.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please note that places are not secured until payment has been received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About Your Workshop: During this one day workshop you will create a small garden piece using free motion machine embroidery, reverse applique and hand stitch. Your garden can then be used as a small piece to frame or as a greetings card. (Templates will be available to aid those who prefer not to design their own!)
Date & Time: Saturday 30 October 2021
Skill level: Suitable for all levels.
Please note that this workshop does have an emphasis on machine work, however, only basic sewing machine skills are necessary. Please make sure you are familiar with your sewing machine so that you can make the best use of the day. A darning or embroidery foot is very useful.
Learning Curve: Janet will demonstrate how free motion machine embroidery, reverse applique and hand stitch can be combined to create your own tiny stitched garden. Janet likes to run a relaxed workshop, allowing those who wish to ‘get on’ to do so but also provides ample support for those who would rather take things at a slower pace.
The day will consist of:
- A very short talk about Janet’s work.
- Demonstration of the techniques and construction using templates to support the design work.
- Construction of your tiny stitched gardens.
- A discussion of how the new techniques you’ve learnt might be integrated in, and even help evolve, your own work.
Everyone will vary in how much they complete during the day but you should go away with enough knowledge to complete your garden at home.
Please bring with you:
- Sewing machine plus a darning or embroidery foot.
- Please bring along a small amount of some of the following:
- Fabric – plain, undyed cottons, calico etc
- Fabric – coloured plain, patterned, textured, shiny, translucent, whatever you like! (Janet likes to use cottons but the choice is yours). Scraps are perfect.
- Wadding (Janet can provide some if you don’t have any)
- Threads – machine and hand embroidery
- Scissors – Large and Small if possible. Some embroidery scissors or those designed to cut detailed applique would be useful but not essential
- Needles, pins etc
- Drawing equipment – pencils, coloured crayons etc
- Paper or sketch book
- Extension cable if you have one
Please note that you will not need everything on the list but as everyone will have different ideas it’s hard to predict what will be most useful to individuals. A wider selection of materials will also give you wider options and there will be more scope for swapping and sharing.
Provided for you;
- Tea, coffee, cake & biscuits
- Janet will bring a selection of all the materials she uses in her work and is happy to share these.