- Story Cushion. Tutor - Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
A busy workshop full of skills to learn, from basic patchwork piecing to inserting a zip. Join us on this new workshop for the New Year, making a story cushion, personalise with your chosen name, this lovely cushion has a secret pocket to hold a story book or a magazine, perfect for little ones, teenagers or adults.
Will begin by piecing your fabrics to make the lined pocket, next using an applique method we will add the letter details and design ideas, these will be attached either by satin stitch, buttonhole stitch or free machine embroidery, the choice is yours. In the afternoon we will sew in the zip and make your cushion up ready for home.
You must have some machine sewing experience.
You will need
- 1/2 metre of plain/or blender fabric.
- 1/2 metre of pocket lining fabric (this will be used on the back of the cushion too)
- 6 co-ordinating fabric strips 10cm wide or 6 fat quarters from your stash.
- matching sewing thread. (its usual to choose a neutral thread which will be suitable for sewing all seams)
- sewing kit.
- cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter.
- 16inch zip
- 18 inch cushion middle.
- sewing machine, instruction manual, (optional open toed darning foot)
- 1/4 metre bondaweb
- pencil note pad.
We will provide.
- lovely tea and cake,
- templates for letters.