- Stories in the Round, Tutor - Liz Cooksey
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
Join us for a fabulous workshop with artist Liz Cooksey. Using a circle as the central composition to create a playful sense of place. Liz is inspired by her observations from exploring the natural world; bird nests, hedgerows, rock pools, mosses & lichen, pebbles and shore lines. During the day Liz will help you create your own small world she will inspire and guide you.
Your small world will be created by using a mixed media approach, working with; wire, printed papers, fragments of cloth, old maps, buttons etc. and bringing these elements together using a selection of techniques such as stitch, crochet, print, wire work, collage and needle tatting. Lots of new techniques to learn on the day.
Useful equipment and materials for the workshop
The following list are only suggestions so please do not worry if you don’t have specific items, Liz will have plenty of materials and equipment for you to use during the day.
- Crochet hook, finer the better e.g. 0.6mm 0.75mm 1.25
- Fine threads that could be used for both crochet and hand stitching.
- Fabrics, fragments old and new, found bits and pieces.
- Collage materials, printed papers, maps, old books, buttons…
- Pliers – Smallish wire cutters/snips, round nose pliers, Flat pliers
- Any printing blocks, ink pads.
- Sewing kit
- Note book and pen
About Liz and her work