- Stitched Mini Hoop Garden ~ Tutor Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
You will spend the day under Anne’s tuition hand dyeing a range of natural threads. These will then be used to create a unique brooch based on a flower garden. You will use a wide range of hand stitches and present your piece in a mini embroidery hoop and wear home with pride.
Dates and Times:
Sat 16 May
10 – 4pm
Skill level: No experience necessary, this workshop is suitable for all.
You will learn how to hand dye a variety of natural threads. Through the use of various stitches you will be shown how to create a beautifully hand stitched brooch that will be finished off and worn home!
- Mini hoops to create your brooch
- Background fabric
- Threads to dye
- Koh-i-nor dye, brushes and palettes
- Thread cards to put your dyed threads onto
- Hair dryer, iron and Bondaweb
- Embroidery needles and a few hoops
- Brooch backing pins
You will need;
- Basic sewing kit (including embroidery needles, scissors etc)
- Hair dryer (to dry your threads)
- Small embroidery hoop (6″ is ideal)
- Optional: any cotton or linen embroidery thread you would like to dye, but Ann will provide enough for your brooch.
- Additional hoops (£5-8) and a range of H-ann-MADE items and kits will be available for purchase on the day.