- Stitched Collage - Tutor Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a PayPal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
About The Workshop…
Collage papers and fabrics, to make your very own layered stitched collage. Anne will demonstrate her popular technique and there will be lots of support and guidance throughout the day.
You Will Learn…
…How to layer and design your own stitched collage picture, then either hand or machine stitch to finish, with lots of advice with machine and hand sewing techniques.
Suitable for all levels of experience.
If using a machine you need to be competent, or you can hand stitch your design.
What to Bring
- An inspirational image to work from (I will have a selection on the day if you are stuck for ideas)
- A variety of papers:- Wallpaper, old maps, paper bags, envelopes, wrapping paper, handmade paper, any paper in your stash, etc. Just make sure it is not too thick (Anne will have a selection you are welcome to use)
- Glue stick
- Sewing Machine (please ensure your machine is in good working order and if you have it bring your manual). Anne Brooke or Creative Thread cannot be held responsible for any problems with your machine.
- Darning or free machine embroidery foot if you have one
- Selection of sewing threads
- If you choose you can hand embroider on the workshop rather than machine stitch
- Snippets of fabric (fabric scissors)
- Embroidery needles and threads for detail work
- Buttons, beads, embellishments etc
The fee includes some materials, tea and lovely cake.