- Stitched Collage - Tutor Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop…
10 – 4pm
Begin by planning your collage bring your own photos and inspiration or use ideas supplied by Anne. Following lots of demonstrations by Anne you’ll pick up tips for using papers and fabrics to make your very own layered stitched collage. Free machine embroidery will follow showing you how to bring together your collage and add definition to your design. Lastly a handful of embroidery and a few buttons will bring out the details.
What to Bring
- An inspirational image any subject to work from (Anne will have a selection on the day if you are stuck for ideas)
- A variety of papers:- Wallpaper, old maps, paper bags, envelopes, wrapping paper, handmade paper, any paper in your stash, etc. Just make sure it is not too thick (Anne will have a great selection you are welcome to use)
- Glue stick
- Sewing Machine (please ensure your machine is in good working order and if you have it bring your manual). Anne Brooke or Creative Thread cannot be held responsible for any problems with your machine.
- Darning or free machine embroidery foot.
- Selection of hand and machine sewing threads
- Snippets of fabric (fabric scissors)
- Embroidery needles and threads for detail work
- Buttons, beads, embellishments etc
Canvasses will be available to mount your work, payable to Anne on the day.
- The fee includes some materials,
- Tea and lovely cake
These examples were made by attendees on previous workshops with Anne.