- Birdy Stitched Collage - Tutor Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a PayPal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
About The Workshop…
Working from a photograph of your chosen bird (Anne will have examples for you) make a template to work from then using your magazines explore the colours, tones and textures; tear, cut and collect a selection of papers together, then Anne will show you her collage technique to create you bird.
Skill Level. Suitable for all levels of experience.
If using a machine you need to be competent with your sewing machine (free machine embroidery technique), or you can hand stitch your design.
What to Bring
For all birds you will need the following…then select your birds requirements list.
- 2 Magazines (if possible a matt and a shiny one)
- Glue stick and scissors
- Sewing Machine. (Check you have your power cable and pedal.) Please ensure it is in good working order and if you have it, please bring your manual.
- Darning or free machine foot
- Hand embroidery needles
Your Bird choices
Brown, red and cream machine thread (can be variegated to add an extra effect)
Brown, red and white Pearle or stranded cotton
(Optional a metallic gold)
Blue, yellow, black and white machine thread (can be variegated)
White Pearle or stranded thread
White, black and grey machine threads (can be variegated)
White and black Pearle or stranded threads
Variety of brown and cream machine threads (can be variegated)
White, cream and dark brown Pearle or stranded threads
Anne will provide
- Templates for each of the above birds plus some others.
- Background paper
- Additional magazines
- Buttons for embellishment (but feel free to bring your own)
- Embroidery cottons (I will have some limited colours you can purchase)
- Box canvas to mount your work onto £5/£6 each.If you would like to use your own image bring it with you. You can either create your own template or Anne will give you a hand with this. For your own bird please bring machine and embroidery threads that match your birds colour.
The fee includes some materials, tea and lovely cake.