- Stitch & Shade - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
About The Workshop…
Make your own unique lampshade with stitch and applique. It may be for a child’s bedroom or to brighten a corner in your workshop or theme your design to a room of your choice.
You Will Learn
Today we will look at how to layout your design ready to stitch before turning your embroidered piece into a lampshade using a 20cm lampshade kit.
A day of fun using applique, machine embroidery and hand stitching.
Working on a premeasured piece of fabric, we will be building up your design using Bondaweb and or fabric glue. Once you are happy with your design you will machine stitch then add some hand embroidery before turning your master piece into a lamp shade.
Look for inspiration in the garden, city or seaside…and turn your ideas into a functional piece of art.
Machine sewing skills will be required.
- A lampshade kit will be available on the day at a reduced price of £10
- Some fabrics for applique
- Lovely Tea and cake
- 1/2 metre of fabric. Calico, or medium weight cotton. This can be plain or patterned but not too bold Batiks are a good choice
- Your fabric stash, just the snippets left over from other projects
- Bondaweb, fabric glue stick or Pritt stick
- Sewing machine, instruction manual, free machine embroidery foot if you have experience of free machine embroidery
- Ribbons, Ric rac, lace, silk fabric silk ribbon etc
- Buttons can be used but best glued on after lamp is made up
- Thread, both hand and machine, in your favourite colours & black
- Design ideas