- Embroidered 3D Flowers - Tutor Corinne Young
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
In this workshop, Corinne will teach you how to make 3D embroidered flowers incorporating stumpwork methods. You will be able to take part in this workshop using either hand or machine embroidery, however the results will be slower with hand sewing. Once completed your flowers could be put on stems and displayed in a vase, used to decorate hats/head-dresses and other accessories or incorporated into you textile work to add texture and dimension.
Dates and Times:
Sat 9 May
10 – 4pm
Skill level: No experience necessary, this workshop is suitable for all.
Using embroidery and stumpwork methods Corinne will guide you in how to make your own 3D flowers using pictures and real flowers as inspiration. You can work with your sewing machine or hand embroider on this workshop, its your choice for hand embroidery we will scale down the size of your work.
Your Artist – Corinne Young
I am a textile artist from the UK. I create embroidered 3D artwork, bespoke furnishings and accessories.
I have always loved to stitch, and have done so ever since I can remember. My father and several ancestors on both sides of my family worked in the textile industry, and my mother, aunt and grandmother were all keen needlewomen.
I completed a degree in Textile Design in 2003. I also have qualifications and work experience in interior design and decoration and gallery curation.
My work is inspired by two major things – the flowers and insects I study in my garden, and the artefacts to be found in historic houses. The floral aspect gives my work its colour, texture and form, and the methods I use, the style of the work and its 3D quality comes from the study of historic artefacts such as 17th century stump work caskets. I like to use vintage fabrics and papers to create my work, and also love to stitch into my handmade linen paper, which I make in large sheets in my studio.
You will need;
- Flower Pictures AND real flowers for inspiration pop into a flower shop to see what’s available if you need to you will only need a stem or two. Or check your garden.
- Sketchbook or paper
- Fine linen or cotton fabrics (these can be plain or printed)
- Embroidery hoops
- Sewing machine and all attachments, including free motion embroidery foot (if opting to use)
- Machine or hand embroidery threads to match your flower choices
- Basic sewing kit (including scissors, needles, thread, pins etc)
- Acrylic or fabric paints and PVC glue (if you have them Corinne will have some to use)
- Florists wire and tape
- Small amount of toy stuffing
- Hair dryer
Provided for you:
- Lovely tea and cake
- Corinne will supply some of the more unusual items (paint, florists wire/tape etc) so don’t worry too much.