- Slow Stitched Wraps - Tutor Tilly Rose
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop: Join Textile artist & Author Tilly Rose for a relaxed day of slow sewing creating your own Slow Stitch Wrap taken from one of the projects in her book Stitched Memories. Your stitched wrap is a fabulous way to create your own visual diary capturing a little creativity with colour, texture and designs. Whilst this workshop is designed to be stitched by hand if you wish to create your wrap on the sewing machine you may do so.
Dates and Times:
Sat 26 September
10 – 4pm
Skill level: Suitable for all levels
Learning Curve: You will explore working with a variety of fabrics in a patchwork style to create a cloth wrap, experimenting with a whole host of threads, embellishments and layering of textures. You will be able to choose your own theme for your creative wrap based on ‘The Seasons’ exploring a little thread sketching with various embroidered stitches and capturing memories and found objects.
You will need:
- Selection of linen, calico and cotton snippets, strips and pieces for making the base
- Selection of floral snippets
- Selection of lace, beads, buttons, and other embellishments
- Any treasured objects you wish to include ie jewellery, trinkets, tokens with a floral theme
- Embroidery threads, creative threads
- Ribbon snippets
- Old photos, maps or printed images you may wish to include, please note that anything you bring and wish to include will be stitched into
- Sewing machine, threads, instruction manual etc (if you choose to create your journal by machine)
Provided for you:
- Tilly will bring a selection of packs to purchase as extras so do not panic if you struggle to obtain any of the above
- Lovely tea and cake
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.