- Two Purses in a Day - Tutor Emma Redfern
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
About the workshop
One can never have enough purses and today you will be making two; a day of techniques with Emma the morning purse will be a zipped applique purse, using your own design or choose from Emma’s selection of designs. The second purse will be a clasp purse which will make a clutch bag size purse. In the afternoon Emma will show you how to draft a pattern from the frame so you have the knowledge to make a variety of sizes of clutch, perfect presents or keep them for yourself.
What you need for the zipped purse..
This purse can be made any size, Emma loves to use Tweed for the outer fabric and Liberty for her applique designs, cottons will work just as well
- a piece of outer fabric; a fat quarter will allow enough fabric. You can use upholstery fabrics, curtain fabric, linens or cottons.
- matching thread,
- snippets of fabrics for your applique
- Buttons and trims
- Emma will have zips available to choose from, if you want to bring your own choose a zip longer than the width of your purse they can always be cut down. Bring your sewing kit and sewing machine.
In the afternoon Emma will show you how to make a frame purse, using 6″ frames. Emma will provide you with good quality frames that produce a clutch bag size purse. For your fabric again tweed works well, but a heavy weight cotton also does the job.
What you need for you Clutch Purse
- a fat quarter of each – outer and lining fabric.
- Emma will teach you how to draft our own patterns, so you can go home feeling confident in making patterns for any size frame you may have at home. There are so many frames available we will be using a glue in (rather than sew in) version on the workshop.
Emma will provide
- All interfacings,
- frames and zips
- A selection of fabric
- Buttons for decoration
You will also need on the day
- Matching thread
- Fabric scissors
- Hand sewing needles
- Zipper foot,
- Sewing machine
- Instruction manual
“Emma designs and sews a range of bags and purses in an array of beautiful fabrics, the best she can find.
She specialises in one off pieces and wouldn’t dream of cutting corners or scrimping on the details … so she doesn’t“
If you want to learn how to get that professional finish this is the workshop for you. Good machine sewing experience advised.
On The Day
£12 payable on the day to Emma will include all interfacing/interlinings, zips pattern and beautiful purse clasp.