- A Garden Canvas, Tutor - Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|A Garden Canvas, Tutor - Anne Brooke||£45.00 (GBP)||Sold Out|
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
About The Workshop…
Be inspired by beautiful flower borders at spring time, Printing onto fabrics then collage these prints onto a paper collaged background ready for machine and hand embroidery.
Working from an inspirational image we will create a stitched garden border that will be ‘drawn’ over with your sewing machine and further hand embellished with lovely threads buttons and beads. A mixed media process of print onto fabrics, creating the chief blooms for your canvas. Collage you garden border with papers then add your fabric bloom prints, embellish with free motion embroidery and hand embroidery under the expert guidance of Anne.
- Sewing Machine – please ensure it is in good working order and if you have it, please bring your manual. ‘Anne Brooke, or Creative Thread cannot be held responsible for any problems with your machine.’
- a selection of fabrics in you favourite colours, blenders and mixers are perfect. (blenders have blends of colours in one fabric, or a quiet pattern not too bold. these fabric will be great to stamp/print flower images on)
- A SMALL selection of other papers (think about the colours in a garden)
- fabric scissors
- Paper scissors and a glue stick
- A selection of machine threads
- Embroidery needles and threads for detail work
‘If You Haves’
- An inspirational garden border image to work from
- Buttons, beads, embellishments etc
- Camera/sketchbook pen to record the day/technique
‘Anne Will Have’…
- EXAMPLES OF HER OWN PRINTED STITCHED COLLAGES
- A variety of papers
- A selection of inspirational images
- Flower stamps
- Buttons/beads and other embellishments
You Can Purchase On The Day…
- Canvases to purchase usually around £5 payable on the day
- Anne will have a range of H-anne-MADE items and kits for sale on the day.