- One page wonders and creative concertina’s - Tutor Jude Kingshott
27/11/2021 - 28/11/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
In this workshop you will explore the possibilities of the concertina book and the one page book. Both of these formats encompass many aspects of book making and following the workshop you will be able to produce individual and unique books incorporating light weight fabrics and mark making. Your books could then be used as journals, photo albums, sketch books and more!
“Jude will also teach everyone how to make this delightful Hemisphere book”
Jude Kingshott is a mixed media and textile artist, based in Kent.
She teaches extensively in Europe and has exhibited Internationally in both solo and group shows.
Jude is currently a member of Pheonix Contemporary Textiles, and S.E.W.
Date and Time:
Saturday 27th – Sun 28th November 2021
10 – 4pm both days
Skill level: Suitable for beginners, and those wanting to work with a professional artist to improve skills and be inspired.
- All specialist book making equipment
- Bone folders
- Mark making tools
- Various stamps and stencils
- Stamping inks.
- Waxed linen threads
- Book binders glue
- Portable typewriters
- Lovely tea and cake
You will need;
- Any fabric you might like to use (your own dyed or commercial) cotton, silk etc nothing too thick
- Needle and threads, nothing too thick, linen, cotton, rayons any threads you may have dyed.
- A medium size cutting mat
- A craft knife
- A bone folder, if you have one
- An awl, if you have one dont worry if not
- Any papers, old maps, music sheets, magazines that you would like to use
- Any favourite pen or tool that you use for mark making
Access – Disabled Access – ramp access the front door.