- Needle Weave a Picture - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363.
About The Workshop…
Needle weave a picture – create a woven picture using textured yarns in a creative way, woven filling stitch, allows you to create all kinds of blocked shapes which can be used to make your picture.
Linda will show you how to lay your vertical “bars” (these would be like the warp threads in weaving), which are the foundations for the woven filling. Then choose your textured yarns to weave through the vertical bars to make your patchwork picture of shape and colour.
During the day we will explore different types of yarns for the vertical and for the horizontal bars. This will give the filling and your picture more texture.
Experiment with colour using contrasts for a bolder, more striking filling or use the same colour yarns with various textures for a solid filling that adds interest.
A pattern will be provided for you to work with, not necessarily, the image shown here.
- Crewel needle sizes 3-6
- Tapestry needles size 20
- Usual sewing kit
- Six or eight inch hoop
- A kit will be provided on the day for £3 it will have a good selection of yarns to use.
- You may have some suitable yarns in your stash that you might like to bring to make your weave your own
- Suitable yarns Anything not too thick, textured or chunky, the scale of your piece will be quite small
- Perle Cotton in a variety of colours, Anchor or DMC can be variegated or solid colour
- A selection of textured yarns, (Steph Francis always has a good selection). You can also you use fine knitting yarns as there are some interesting ones around have a look what you have in your stash
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.