- Mixed Flower Bed - Tutor Liz Cooksey
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Reservation Ticket: Mixed Bed - Tutor Liz Cooksey||£0.00 (GBP)||Sold Out|
SPECIAL BOOKING INFORMATION: Due to Covid19 we are not currently taking payment for workshops. If you would like to attend this workshop please register your interest by ‘purchasing’ a Reservation Ticket – this means that not only will a place will be reserved for you but we will also have your contact details should the workshop need to be rearranged at a later date. Please note no payment will be taken when you ‘purchase’ a Reservation Ticket.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please note that places are not secured until payment has been received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About Your Workshop: Run by Liz Cooksey this workshop will provide you with the opportunity to explore and experiment with wire and other materials to produce a small standing sculpture suggestive of natural forms. The day’s explorations will be embedded into small wooden plinths to produce a final standing sculpture.
Date: Saturday 13 March 2021
Time: 10 – 4pm
Skill Level: Suitable for all
Learning Curve: You will learn simple ways to shape wire. You will then be shown various ways to combine and incorporate threads, fabric and printed papers into your wire structures using hand stitching techniques, wrapping and binding.
- All materials will be provided but if you have any favourite threads, scrapes of fabrics, collage papers, buttons or paper punches please do bring them along.
- Tea, coffee and cake.
What you should bring:
- If you have them (don’t worry if not – there will be tools available to use on the day):
- small sharp scissors
- hand sewing kit
- crochet hooks
- pliers; round nosed, snips, flat nosed.
- Small wooden plinths will be provided but if you have something at home that you would like to bring for example reclaimed bits of wood that might have some character or smallish pieces of found drift wood then please feel free to bring them along.