- Mixed Flower Bed - Tutor Liz Cooksey
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please note that places are not secured until payment has been received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
All reserved places now require payment, we are gratefull for your continued support and ask payment be made as soon as possible. you will be contacted for each event you have booked to confirm your place and make payment. Please read our return to workshops and classes guidance here Creative Thread Studio workshops and your safety.
About Your Workshop: Run by Liz Cooksey this workshop will provide you with the opportunity to explore and experiment with wire and other materials to produce a small standing sculpture suggestive of natural forms. The day’s explorations will be embedded into small wooden plinths to produce a final standing sculpture.
Date: Saturday 13 March 2021
Time: 10 – 4pm
Skill Level: Suitable for all
Learning Curve: You will learn simple ways to shape wire. You will then be shown various ways to combine and incorporate threads, fabric and printed papers into your wire structures using hand stitching techniques, wrapping and binding.
- All materials will be provided but if you have any favourite threads, scrapes of fabrics, collage papers, buttons or paper punches please do bring them along.
- Tea, coffee and cake.
What you should bring:
- If you have them (don’t worry if not – there will be tools available to use on the day):
- small sharp scissors
- hand sewing kit
- crochet hooks
- pliers; round nosed, snips, flat nosed.
- Small wooden plinths will be provided but if you have something at home that you would like to bring for example reclaimed bits of wood that might have some character or smallish pieces of found drift wood then please feel free to bring them along.