- Mixed Media & Stitch - Tutor Priscilla Jones
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
About The Workshop…
You Will Learn
During the workshop you will explore how to create a mixed media canvas using machine embroidery to construct and embellish your piece.
You will create a variety of experimental fabrics using techniques including: mark making and hand printmaking and appliqué.
Using your prepared fabrics you will experiment with the process of assembling your canvas using stitch to create a finished image.
This is fantastic workshop for anyone who would like to explore a mixed media approach to stitched textiles, no mixed media experience necessary just bring enthusiasm.
You will need to have some basic machine sewing experience.
- Sewing machine (with free machine facility)
- Also please make sure you bring all your machine feet and sewing machine instructions. General sewing equipment for your machine stitching
- Spare machine needles and empty machine spools
- An idea to work from this could be a photo, postcard, magazine cutting or sketchbook
- Threads (machine and hand embroidery)
- Fabrics of different qualities and weights, both patterned and plain
- Light and medium weight cottons work best but any fabrics can be used. Small pieces max of 12” x 12” 30cm x 30cm
- An apron or old shirt
- Newspaper for protecting tables
- Rubber gloves if you don’t like getting paint on your hands.
- Cheap small decorator’s brushes
- Jam jar for water
- Hair dryer
- Lace, ribbons, haberdashery
The materials below will be supplied for you, but feel free to bring if you wish..
- PVA Glue
- Acrylic paints the cheap ones from places like ‘The Works’ they cost about a £1, poster paints or tester pots bring an assortment of colours for mixing
- White Matt Emulsion Paint
- Baking Parchment
- Yogurt pots/jam jars
- Paint mixing trays or paper plates