- Manipulated Fabric Heart- Tutor Kate's Kloth's
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
SPECIAL BOOKING INFORMATION: Due to Covid19 we are not currently taking payment for workshops. If you would like to attend this workshop please register your interest by ‘purchasing’ a Reservation Ticket – this means that not only will a place will be reserved for you but we will also have your contact details should the workshop need to be rearranged at a later date. Please note no payment will be taken when you ‘purchase’ a Reservation Ticket.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop: Using the techniques demonstrated by Kate you will create a beautiful contemporary textured heart. Kate will show you how to manipulate fabrics using a variety of techniques, some traditional and some innovative, to create depth and texture in your artwork.
Dates and Times:
Sat 20th March 2021
10 – 4pm
Skill level: No experience necessary, this workshop is suitable for all.
Learning Curve: Kate will show you how to incorporate traditional techniques such as smocking, suffolk puffs and pleating along with innovative methods to create textures and tucks.These are combined with french knots to create a textured heart.
You will need;
- A background fabric – medium weight
- A selection of similar coloured fabrics in different weights and textures, for example organza, cotton, silk, velvet etc
- Soft ribbon/lace in your colour scheme, for example organza or silk ribbon (this is optional)
- A range of hand embroidery threads
- Machine sewing thread
- Sewing kit (including needles (of various sizes), pins, scissors (preferably embroidery) etc)
- Embroidery hoop – approx 6-8″
Kate recommends choosing fabrics and threads that are complimentary colours.
Alternatively Kate can supply all the materials in a kit (£12.50 payable on the day) meaning you can just come along and start sewing!
Provided for you:
- Lovely tea and cake