- Machine Sewing for the Terrified - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
About The Workshop…
A beginners introduction To Machine Sewing.
Master the basic functions on your sewing machine or hire one of our sewing machines.
Come along and build your confidence by getting to know your machine in the morning with a step-by-step guide and lots of sewing practice. In the afternoon try out your new found skills on a lovely sewing project.
You Will Learn…
- how to thread your machine
- how to fill the bobbin
- how to change the pressure foot on your machine
- how to change a needle
- about tension, reverse and zig-zag stitch
- how to stitch perfect seam allowances
- how to sew perfect straight lines
- tips on turning lovely neat corners.
In the afternoon put your new found skills to the test and make your very first project, a zipped make up/ toiletries/sewing bag
Beginners to machine sewing and those wanting to refresh their skills
- lovely tea and cake
- a hand out, and pattern instructions
- Linda will supply a kit to make your bag, it will include
- Outer fabric & lining fabric, zip, interfacing, ribbon.
- The kit will be £5 payable on the day.
You Will Need
- sewing machine
- instruction manual
- spare bobbins
- new machine sewing needles Universal #80/12
- ½ metre calico or firm fabric (curtaining works well) just for practice
- sharp scissors
- hand sewing needle
- you might want to take notes, so pen and paper will be useful.