- Machine Sewing for the Terrified - Tutor - Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
INFORMATION: Please read our return to workshops and classes guidance here Creative Thread Studio workshops and your safety.
Join Linda for a small relaxed class learning about your sewing machine, this session is perfect if you have never used a sewing machine or simply need a refresher to rebuild your confidence. With only 4 in the class you have the opportunity to ask lots of questions and receive help and advice and whilst you are learning you will be making your own pincushion perfect for your sewing journey.
Event price 3 hours = £35 per person
- Saturday 25th September 10am – 1pm
The session includes materials for the pincushion.
You will Need
- Sewing machine, with all attachement excluding extension table, (please ensure you have foot peddle and electric conection)
- 0.5 metre of Calico or alternate firm cotton to practice sewing on
- Thread any dark colour will do and a medium grey Gutermann is available in the shop.
- Spools that fit your machine.
- spare needles
- note book and pen optional.
You will learn
- How to thread a machine.
- How to fill a spool
- How to change a needle
- Changing sewing machine feet.
- Creating seams, turning corners, creating a back stitch or knot.
- Make a pretty pincushion.
All the above with give you the skills to make a pretty pieced pin cushion ready to hold all your pins. You will also learn how to sew a button on and slip stitch by hand.
A great confidence builder to reinforce your straight line sewing, before you fly the machine stitchers nest!
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.