- Machine Sewing for the Terrified - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop…
A beginners introduction To Machine Sewing.
Master the basic functions on your sewing machine or hire one of our sewing machines.
Come along and build your confidence by getting to know your machine in the morning with a step-by-step guide and lots of sewing practice. In the afternoon try out your new found skills on a lovely sewing project. Sewing projects in the afternoon vary.
Beginners to machine sewing and those wanting to refresh their skills.
Date & Time:
Sat 18 May
- how to thread your machine
- how to fill the bobbin
- how to change the pressure foot on your machine
- how to change a needle
- about tension, reverse and zig-zag stitch
- how to stitch perfect seam allowances
- how to sew perfect straight lines
- tips on turning lovely neat corners.
In the afternoon put your new found skills to the test and make your very first project,
- lovely tea and cake
- a hand out and pattern instructions
- Linda will supply a kit to make your afternoon project.
You Will Need
- sewing machine
- instruction manual
- spare bobbins
- new machine sewing needles Universal #80/12
- ½ metre calico or firm fabric (curtaining works well) just for practice
- sharp scissors
- hand sewing needle
- you might want to take notes, so pen and paper will be useful.
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.