- Lino Printing and Stitch (New details) Tutor - Louise Nichols
14/09/2019 - 15/09/2019
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About your workshop:
On this 2 day workshop, Louise will guide you through making your own lino cut ready to print and embellish. you will then be able to embellish and stitch your print and make it into a hanging, picture or a cushion, with the option of adding some of Louise’s prints to your work. You’re embellishments can be a range of different threads, beads, sequins, lace, other fabrics or anything you fancy! Louise will bring a range of prints in a range of colours on different fabrics so there will be something to suit all.
Learn how to cut your own linocut to print your own panels, learn the inking technique to achieve an even clean print ready to embellish. Your prints can be made into a hanging, picture or cushion, which you can embellish with applique, embroidery stitches and beading. If you are making a cushion Louise will show you how to make an envelope cushion incorporating your embellished print or how to construct your picture or wall hanging.
Skill Level: For all levels
“I am a textile artist & have been working in the design/textile world since graduating in 1992 with a B.A.Hons. Degree in Fashion & Textiles – specialising in Surface Decoration.
Working from my studio in Cornwall I produce images from lino cuts that have been inspired by my everyday surroundings. The lino cuts are printed onto linen or cotton fabrics after which I use fabric application & hand stitching to add detail & texture. The prints are then made into pictures & wall hangings or used on everyday items such as cushions, pouches & brooches.”
What is provided for you?
- Louise will bring the materials needed to make your linocut.
- a variety of lino prints for you to embellish and add to your prints.
- A selection of thread, embellishments and fabrics will be available to purchase for a small fee on the day.
- Tea, coffee, cake/biscuits.
Please bring with you:
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine – optional as the hanging can be all hand sewn, but you will need it to sew your hanging together if you get that far over the weekend.
- Simple idea/image to make into a lino print.
- Calico/Linen/Cotton – for your background fabric. The size depend on how large you make your hanging.
- Colour – all the components of the quilt will be available in a variety of colours so bring along whatever colour you like. I’ll also have a range of fabrics with me.
- Lightweight iron-on interfacing
- Felt & fabric scraps – plain or patterned
- Threads & yarns – all thickness’s
- …..& any other embellishments you want to bring along.
- Wadding/batting – cotton or 2oz polyester will be fine.
- Backing fabric
- Ribbon – for the hanging loops
- Disappearing fabric pen
- Printing you will need some fabric to print on – linen/cotton/calico to be the best options, but you can have a go on other fabrics if you wish.
Dates and Times:
Saturday 14 September 10-4pm and Sunday 15 September 10-3:30pm.