- Fur & Feather Embroidery - Tutor Sarah Perry
02/04/2019 - 03/04/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
About The Workshop
A two day workshop of relaxing hand sewing:
- Tuesday 2nd April 2019, 10am-4pm, and
- Wednesday 3rd April 2019, 10am-4pm
Embroidering your favourite bird or animal in long and short stitch, with colour specific threads, add shading as well as feather and fur detail with the expert guidance of Sarah.
Working in layers of stitch you will produce a raised bird or animal to apply to a background fabric. A wonderful way of producing a sculptured, lifelike work of art.
You Will Learn
Sarah’s technique of shading in long and short stitch, how to form a 3d shape to bring your piece to life. Mounting your bird or animal onto a background fabric adding natural embellishments to present your finished piece.
From Cornwall, we are delighted that Sarah is coming up North to share her skills.
An experienced embroiderer Sarah is best known for her exquisite fine hand embroidery depicting birds in the natural habitat. Sarah says:
“My garden is full of birds as are the country lanes, moors and coasts that surround my Cornish home, so inspiration is a visual and audible circle around me.
It is a privilege to be able to observe, study and depict this freedom of spirit”.
A little experience of hand embroidery will be an advantage.
Please Bring The Following With You
- Two printed images of the bird or animal you want to make, (the internet has a huge selection). If you can print the images the size you want to work you will not have any drawing to do. Keep the scale of your picture with a couple of inches 3 maximum. Sarah will bring images of a selection of garden birds and animals with her. Please let us know when you book if you have something specific in mind
- Fabric pen or fine pencil
- Basic sewing kit to include pointed scissors, needles and a thimble
- Embroidery threads in appropriate colours for your bird or animal
- Embroidery hoops 4 and 6 inch
- Scraps of calico wadding -Sarah uses a warm and natural type, it gives a good finish
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.