- Free Machine Embroidery - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
Use your machine needle as a drawing tool and create a selection of samples suitable for decorating bags, books or cards with your tutor, Linda Robinson.
Date and Time:
Saturday 11 January
10 – 4pm
You will learn how to set up your machine for free machine embroidery and then have fun making samples and practicing the technique with and without a hoop.
You will be guided through drawing, writing and appliquéing fabric – the perfect first steps to free machine embroidery.
You need to be familiar with your sewing machine with some confidence in machine sewing or have attended Machine sewing for the Terrified, prior to this workshop
There will be lots of time to experiment with this exciting technique. We will start with the basics and learn how to master this fun free motion stitch method.
Please make sure before you book this workshop that you can drop the feed dogs on your sewing machine and that you have an open toe darning foot.
There will be two machines available to hire on the day for £10
What you need:
- Sewing machine, instruction manual, thread, open toed darning foot, or darning foot to fit you machine
- Sewing machine needles, sewing kit
- 1/2 metre calico or similar like curtain lining is quite a firm tight weave fabric, perfect for practicing
- Small snippets of patterned fabric, offcuts from fat quarters, there will be some available on the day
- Hoop, 8 inch and 10 inch diameter, The depth of the hoop must pass under your machine pressure foot, so not deeper than 1/4 inch
- I will have a selection of drawing ideas
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.