- Rag Rug Wreath Tutor - Linda
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed until payment is received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About Your Workshop:
Join us in an up- cycling workshop making a festive rag rug wreath.
Turn your pre loved T-shirts, and woolly jumpers into a beautiful seasonal wreath, learning the age old techniques of rag rug. With a wooden tool called a proddy (proggy) and small strips of fabric each piece is pushed through the hessian cloth closely together to make a compact shaggy effect. The hooky technique is slightly different using longer strips of material which are pulled through the hessian with a hooked tool to create lines of small loops. Both of these techniques are used to make your wreath, add lots of bling with fancy yarns, beads and ribbons, then your piece will be shaped round a wire wreath, if time we will make a rag rug bauble too.
Date and Time:
Saturday 9 November
Skill Level: Suitable for all.
What you need:
- A selection of fabrics, these can be pre loved T-shirts, jumpers, woollen blankets, sheeting, fleece etc.
- A selection of fancy yarns, with sparkle if you have them, ribbons, organza.
- A variety of large beads, artificial pearl beads, bells etc.
- Satin ribbon or alternative for the bow
- 14 inch wooden hoop, with the inner ring bound.
We Will provide:
- Wreath Kit including the wire hoop and hessian.
- Tools to borrow, If you are truly hooked you can buy the tools on the day.
- Lovely tea and festive nibbles.
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.