- Felt Making Romantic Landscapes - Tutor Linda Robinson
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please note that places are not secured until payment has been received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About The Workshop:
Romantic landscapes are the subject of this Saturday workshop with tutor Linda Robinson.
Date and Time: Sat 29 June 10-4pm
Skill Level: Suitable for all
Learn how to make a landscape picture using Merino fibres and Nepps. Traditional wet felting techniques will be used to produce a fibrelicous painting. This is a painterly style of working with lovely colourful merino fibres, Tips on finishing and enhancing your felt picture when dry will be covered in the afternoon.
Try your hand at a sample of needle felting and pick up tips on how to embellish your felt pictures with embroidery – both hand and machine.
This is suitable for any level of experience.
You Will Need:
- 2 Large towels
- 24 × 24inch square of bubble wrap x 2
- 24 inch square of tulle netting
- Bamboo Rolling mat (the items in bold can be purchased from the shop if required)
- 1 litre, size empty plastic milk carton.
- a carrier bag
- waterproof apron
- If you have your own merino fibres you are welcome to use them, if suitable. Alternatively fibres will be available to purchase from the shop on the day.
- White merino
- Lovely tea and cake
Venue: Creative Thread Studio
Our Creative Thread Studio sits above our new shop, at 68b Church Street. We opened on the 21st July 2018,
The studio space offers excellent light to work and air conditioning, comfy chairs and two work surfaces for you. We have ample plug sockets and ironing surfaces, facilities to provide refreshments, a microwave.
However the studio is on the first floor. We can offer to carry your machines and bags up stairs for you.