- Embellished Textile Books - Tutor, Annette Emms
25/04/2020 - 26/04/2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363. Please note that places are not secured until payment has been received.
You can read our full Terms and Conditions here.
About Your Workshop: Create your very own fabric book that has soft fabric covers and pages. The effect is achieved by using lots of dyed scrim, felt and old/recycled/washed fabrics…and lots of imagination of course! Your ‘story’ can be told using needle felting, hand stitching and applique. The illustrations can be embroidered or painted on fabric, paper and/or organza using a simple technique.
Date & Time: Sat 25 and Sun 26 April 10 – 4pm.
Skill level: Suitable for all levels
Learning Curve: You will learn how to make a small fabric book that is approximately 6″ square or 6×4″ rectangle. The pages will be made from a variety of fabrics that have been embellished. Together we will explore the use of applique, needle-felt, hand stitching and the delights of painting on silk organza.
I am a Textile Artist, living and working in the beautiful Vale of Evesham, where Shakespeares’ Avon flows through fruit orchards, against a backdrop of the Cotswold Hills.
Since I was a child, I have played with fabric, thread and stories. My work combines this and a fascination with the natural world, old churches, history and local legends.
As I explore the countryside around me I love to weave a story around my work. This land teems with legends which are waiting to be re- discovered and secret places, full of magic and mystery.
I aim to build layers of fabric and stitch, which form interesting textures. These are then used to create dimensional pieces through which I hope the observer can glimpse a little ‘Magic’.
Please bring with you:
- Quilt batting/wadding for the base layer of your pages
- A selection of dyed scrim pieces (There will be a selection of scrim and embellishments for you to buy on the day)
- 1/2 meter of washed calico
- Soft, washed, woven fabrics (Old and recycled fabric works well).
- Wool rovings
- Wool felt pieces (i.e. felt with a minimum 30% wool content).
- Watercolour paints/inktense crayons, brushes
- Scraps of ribbon, silk velvet, lace, chiffon etc
- Scrap paper, tracing paper, pencil, eraser
- Sewing Kit (inc needles, scissors etc)
- Small selection of embroidery threads and beads
- An embellisher machine (this is optional, if you have one this a perfect time to make a project on it)
- OR a needle felting needle/tool with brush or thick foam
Provided for you;
- A piece of blanket fabric that will form the base of the book cover
- Tea, coffee, cake & biscuits