- Embellish a Lino Print, Applique Cushion. Tutor Louise Nichols
14/09/2019 - 15/09/2019
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Booking Information: Please book your place online. Payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a Paypal account. Please call the shop asap if you prefer not to pay online to guarantee your place on 01995 603363.
About your workshop:
On this 2 day workshop with Louise you will have a choice of two pre-printed lino print designs – cow parsley or hare – to embellish & then applique onto fabric to make into a simple envelope back style cushion. You can embellish the prints with a range of different threads, materials or anything you fancy! The prints will be available in a range of colours on different fabrics so there will be something to suit all colour schemes. You will be able to embellish as many prints as you like so you can make a beautiful set of cushions.
Learn a variety of embellishing techniques, including applique and embroidery stitches and how to make an envelope cushion incorporating your embellished print.
Skill Level: For all levels
“I am a textile artist & have been working in the design/textile world since graduating in 1992 with a B.A.Hons. Degree in Fashion & Textiles – specialising in Surface Decoration.
Working from my studio in Cornwall I produce images from lino cuts that have been inspired by my everyday surroundings. The lino cuts are printed onto linen or cotton fabrics after which I use fabric application & hand stitching to add detail & texture. The prints are then made into pictures & wall hangings or used on everyday items such as cushions, pouches & brooches.”
What is provided for you?
- Louise will bring a variety of lino prints for you to embellish. The prints provided are Hares or Cowparsley.
- A selection of thread, embellishments and fabrics will be available to purchase for a small fee on the day.
- Tea, coffee, cake/biscuits.
Please bring with you:
- Sewing Machine
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Cushion Pad of the size of your choice. Please note that the actual prints measure approx 5.5″ x 5.5″ (the print will need a border so allow 7″ x 7″) so your cushion needs to be larger than this.
- Lightweight Iron-on Interfacing – approx. 6″ x 6″
- A selection of threads, beads, buttons etc. to embellish your print.
- Enough fabric to make a cushion cover or two. The covers we will be making are the envelope style so to work out the approx. amount measure your cushion, allowing enough for the seams, then multiply this by 2.5. There will be a selection of colours for the prints for you to choose from on the day so I would recommend a neutral colour for your fabric.
Dates and Times:
Saturday 14 September 10-4pm and Sunday 15 September 10-3:30pm.