- Animal Stitched Collage - Tutor Anne Brooke
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Booking Information: online payments are taken securely via PayPal – you do not need to have a PayPal account. If you prefer not to book and pay online, please call Linda or Rebecca on 01995 603363 or email email@example.com to book your place.
About The Workshop…
Working from a photograph of your chosen animal (Anne will have examples for you) make a template to work from then using papers with a variety of textures, patterns, colours and tones; tear and cut the papers ready to collage them together to form the base of your animal. Then your collage will be brought together with machine stitching, and character can be added with embroidered finishing touches and maybe a few beads or buttons.
Skill Level. Suitable for all levels of experience.
If using a machine you need to be competent with your sewing machine (free machine embroidery technique), or you can hand stitch your design.
What to Bring
For your Animal you will need the following…
- papers in colour tones of your chosen animal, with a variety of texture, tone etc.
- Glue stick and scissors
- Sewing Machine. (Check you have your power cable and pedal.) Please ensure it is in good working order and if you have it, please bring your manual.
- Darning or free machine foot
- Hand embroidery needles
Anne will provide
- Background paper
- Additional papers
- Buttons for embellishment (but feel free to bring your own)
- Embroidery cottons (I will have some limited colours you can purchase)
- Box canvas to mount your work onto £5/£6 each.If you would like to use your own image bring it with you. You can either create your own template or Anne will give you a hand with this. Payable on the day to Anne.
The fee includes some materials, tea and lovely cake.